Describe It - Camp Experiences
Learning Objectives:
Level 3
- Select, form, and communicate ideas on a range of topics.
- Use language features appropriately, showing a developing understanding of their effects.
- Organise texts, using a range of appropriate structures.
- Show a developing understanding of how to shape texts for different purposes and audiences.
Level 4.
- Select, develop, and communicate ideas on a range of topics.
- Use a range of language features appropriately, showing an increasing understanding of their effects.
- Organise texts. Using a range of appropriate structures.
- Show an increasing understanding of how to shape texts for different purposes and audiences.
Learning goals:
- To ‘Show, Don’t Tell’ the reader by painting a picture with words.
- A variety of sentence starters
- A variety of sentence lengths
- Edit and rework
- Effective peer checking and feedback
I got butterflies as I looked over to my next rotation the most horrifying one... THE TREE CLIMB! "Oh no" everyone said with fear, we had been dreading this moment for the whole day. But we were also super excited!
My group was ready first, so up the tree we went! I was the leader so everyone was depending on me to guide them safely up the tree. As my group was slowly making it up the tree I looked out to the view, and OMG it was BEAUTIFUL!
I saw the other groups having fun at their rotations and the pretty sky. I wondered what other activities we will be participating in!
Student Reflection:
In my writing, one of my goals is to choose a clear and logical text structure to suit the audience and purpose.
I did show this goal here because I used my paragraphs very well and everything is linked.
In my writing, one of my goals is to ask others for feedback on writing and respond to their ideas
I did not show this goal here because in my writing because their ideas weren't suitable for the piece
of writing I was working on.
My next step is to listen to other peoples ideas and use them in my writing.
Teacher Comment: Maddie, camp sounds like a blast! I'm so glad you did the tree climb.
You have described your groups feelings and recounted your experience. In a moment in time, you need to use your senses to describe what happened. This will be your next step. |
No comments:
Post a Comment